Thursday, February 25, 2010

Vintage Garden Romance: Kelli & Sam, III

Recently, I was asked what the one piece of advice I would give to all brides and grooms would be. Simple. Let your personality dictate your wedding style. Don't be afraid to break from tradition. Allow yourself to infuse unique, memorable, and personal touches that define the essence of your relationship. Taking a clue from today's gifted bride Kelli, the perfect place to start infusing personality: wedding papery elements. And with talent as inspiring and unique as that of Kelli Larson, one can only imagine how much personality she would evoke into her very own wedding invitation suite. A labor of love that clearly translates as a treasure to cherish for the recipients.




The royal scoop from the adorable bride:

I love to layer textures and fabrics into many of my designs and I decided to do that here with our invitation as well. I hand drew the branch/feather frame and chose a font I thought suited it. I scanned in some lace and layered it on top of old vintage paper. After playing around with colors for a bit, I decided on this pale peach…which I want to be a dominant color of the floral! And then I went with a slate shimmer envelope. I can’t get enough of custom die cut invitations, so I had to tack on that little added touch as well!

For those of you who stop by often on The Royal Scoop know quite well the depth of my love for all things vintage. It's pretty much a given that I am going to fall head over heels with all things that encompass a touch of vintage elegance. So it comes as no surprise that these darling papery elements, designed and printed by the bride herself, have made my heart flutter with glee. I am particularly smitten with this muted color palette… the pretty peaches and soft grays, just gorgeous. And the wedding programs...oh my! They stand as a stunning example of Kelli's talent…with perfect details, personal written notes, and a style that is all together lovely, you can't help but wish they were your very own.





Photo Credits: Sarah Shreves


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment