Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Perfectly Pink

One of the newest wedding trends taking center stage this year is the presence of more ballerina inspired fashion elements. While frothy layers of tulle have delicately graced the wedding scene in years past, fashion designers have now found the epitome of elegance and romance with their ethereal pink tulle confections. Blending demure designs with an avant-garde sense of style, these girly, yet exquisitely graceful frocks, are blissfully divine. I am totally in love.

Photo Credits: Galaxie Andrews for Ouma Clothing

Little girls dream of twirling in dresses with billowing layers as light as air; the wispy, ethereal weave of a tulle wedding gown fulfills that fantasy. Tulle originated more than three centuries ago as the netting upon which lace is stitched. But it did not come into its own as a fabric until a factory in Tulle, France, began to mass-produce it, making it more affordable. It became the crowning glory of bridal attire when Queen Victoria wore a tulle veil for her wedding in 1840, and it soon graced bridal gowns in the form of poufy petticoats, flowing trains, and delicate overlays. Imagine yourself floating down the aisle in its gossamer layers and it's clear to see why this fabric is the romantic ideal. -Martha Stewart Weddings


Photo Credits: Galaxie Andrews for Ouma Clothing

Monique Martinez is the incredible talent behind this gorgeous and enchanting creation. Her ballerina inspired designs will most certainly fulfill the inner princess within us all. Each peice is custom designed and hand-crafted, making Ouma Clothing a great go-to for a custom bridal gown. Owner and designer of Ouma Clothing, Monique says, "…I hope you find a dress that brings out the twirling princess in you.'' With style like this, twirl would I ever.





Photo Credits: (1) & (2) Michele M. Wiate via Elizabeth Anne Designs , (3) Lisa Pyden Photography via Tulle, (4) Tidepooler

Wondering how to incorporate soft, pink, lady-like romance into your wedding celebration? Check out this gorgeous vintage eclectic inspiration board created by The Inspired Bride full of whimsical glamour. You're going to love it!

From Inspiration to Reality:
Despite my Chicago address, I'm a Southern girl at heart. Honestly. And nothing speaks more true to the South than a Southern Belle. On my wedding day, I knew that I wanted to embody every sense of what defines a true belle. Classic style, beauty, and charm. I envisioned myself dolled up with fierce style in something that withheld a timeless appeal. And if I do say so myself, I think I might have accomplished just what I sought after.


Photo Credits: The Royal Gala

In a perfect soft blush tone with billowing layers of tulle and intricate beading, my reception dress was everything a girl could dream of. Elegance dating back to the days of Grace Kelly, Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, and Princess Diana. I've never felt more beautiful or more complete than I did on my wedding day in my bridal attire and I think that's important to emphasis. Find that certain little element that defines who you are and be sure to incorporate it into your wedding day. You will forever cherish the personal touches that you put into your celebration.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment